Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Musings of a Confused Mind

When I first started this blog, I had called it 'My views.' After a long time only it stuck to my mind that everybody express their views only in their blogs, hence having a title "My views" is as good as not having a name. After understanding that I changed it to the Rene Descartes's quote "I Think Therefore I am". Though I knew that it is just a statement of what I am and doesn't give a glimpse of what I am going to write, my mind which doesn't have much of creativity couldn't think of another appropriate name for my blog.

If I tell that "Today evening when I was driving in the pleasant, cool road of IIT, Chennai the words 'Musings of a Confused Mind' stuck my mind", I myself would laugh at it. Because I know my limits.

Actually one of my friends who knows me quite well had sent a long mail regarding the state of India in response to my previous post. Its subject was title "Musings of a Confused Mind". On reading the subject, I was confused, because I didn't know that there existed a word called Musing. Then as usual I Googoled and found out the meaning of Musing. As I was thinking about his mail today evening I felt that, those words are apt for my Blog.

I am really confused and cannot understand this world. I cannot understand why the world has become so much materialistic. I am confused why nobody cares about others in this world. I am really confused why people don't even have basic ethics. I don't understand why many youngsters don't understand there a lot of things beyond Money and Sex in this world. A lot more can be asked.

I generally try to figure out why everything is happening, the reason is "Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life" just as Neo says in Matrix.

Anyway I would like to thank Gautam (he was the one who sent that mail) for giving me this title. Also I would like to apologize to him for not asking permission to use this title. Gauthi, hope you don't mind this.

Believe the musings will continue..............

3 comments:

ஊசூ said...

anna,
this is udayasoorian..ur junior.... 99% of the people dont know the real purpose of the life....they want to earn more money,go for US ( i donno wat their exactly want to do after MS )...they always dont understand themselves first...j krishnamurthy 's ( i am also fan of jk and changed a lot and trying to understand life in a enjoyable one) words are true...every where people are jus exist ,always complaining,not satisfied,always have an empty head...not experimenting themselves to understand what they are really capable..... avangalukkulae avangale uruvaki irukira "maya thirai " killichittu veli ya varangalo annaiku than intha manida samugam mummerum...."one life live it" artham puriyala...60 years kalichu namma yarunu avangalukku ninaippu varala..ellorum orru fear,poramai la than ella thayum panrome thavira ,love panni ethayum pannala...pannravangala intha ulagam potrathu..setha appuram pottrum and marina beach la silai vaipanga( eg: subramaniya bharathi,putthumai pithan,che ,jesus ,socrates)

Unknown said...

'confused' that is one word that can be always associated with our mind, too many questions arise when we analyse our own thought, the way we think, the reason why we are happy, why we are sad depressed, excited or lost.
The minute we think of our childhood, those stupid fights with siblings, running away from house jus to threaten parents,bashed by dad..we automatically end up smiling, listening to 'yesterday once more' brings tears and makes us nostalgic, but did we enjoy years back when we were bashed, or when we were fighting for a bar of chocolate..thats how may be life is, everything seems very good and makes us feel good when it becomes past.we laugh at things when we know its stupidity. may be yes or may be no, its jus a confusion but 'even the bad times may appear good later when we over come it and recall it with a cup of coffee'.

The scenario we see today, the more we earn the more sophisticated we try to become, our standard of living raising up..overlooking the fact that when we are growing with the it industry there are still many who couldn't even manage one meal a day.

neither do we care about the govt, the politics, our country and its growth because we are earning good money, n not much affected by that. is money making us narrow minded or is it the work that is not allowing us to think anything other yhan j2EE,pl/sql..or is it jus us limiting our mind to go beyond??..m confused, may be we overcome it with positive changes within us and laugh at our stupidity one day.

Anonymous said...

yes of course na... we are confused alright...
me to :-)

but then,

NOBODY KNOWS NOTHING... this sentence is meaningful more than what it really appears like.. i hope you do remember me... we ate at Kabul a few weeks ago... got it?

:-)