Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Why blog?

On 6th of December, I was driving back from Jersey City to Delaware, I realized that on this very day 17 years ago Babri Masjid which was just a centre of controversy, to become a scar on the face of India. My first thought was to check Google news, as soon as I get home, to make sure there was no bomb blast or a heinous act like that. The barbaric act of Dec 6 has caused irreparable damage to the Secularism of India, widened the Hindu - Musilm divide and has made more people become religious fanatics. It might take decades, might be even centuries for India to shed off the scars and move on.

The scar would have not been this deepr had the Government acted sensibly, instead it choose to be a mute specator and every Indian Citizen is paying for it. To this day nobody have been indicted for the carnage which happened in Ayodhya, doubt whether it would ever happen. After all it took 17 years for Justice Liberhan to submit his detailed report to the Government. Worse still only an unofficial leak prompted the Government, which was skeptical, to release the report.

I was actually thinking of writing a detailed post on the Liberhan Commission, howeversome Vidial work, my friends birthday bumps and plans for India return kept me occupied a bit. However there were some questions lingering in the corner of my mind like, why do I need to write it. What is the effect of writing it? Is it going to change anything? and a lot more.
These days, I often get questions like this, though it dissuades me from writing at times, it does gives me some different perspective and also help me in brooding over the topic a little deeper.

Hence I don't try to restrain it, doing so would be .

Ok, lets come to the questions? Why blog?

The primary urge for blogging is not just for others to read, it's actually a vent in this busy world when we are not able to share our thoughts with anybody. I don't care whether it creates a profound impact on people, it's just that writing a blog takes some weight of your mind and you can move on thinking about various other issues.

One more reason is that only when I decided to write over an issue I start thinking about it deeply, try to find out the facts, perspectives, reasons, etc. It is indeed a bad practice, for this should happen irrespective of what I am going to do, ofcourse I am not Mr.Perfect however I would like to mend my ways.

Blogs also serve us a way to communicate with people who can understand what you think and the people like that cannot you generally live with. I do have lot of friends but not everybody see things from their own planes and is rare to find a person in your plane. You can always talk, discuss and argue with people having different perspectives, but talking with a person in a different plane is rarely productive.

Also I am just a spectator in this world and rarely do things which can do good to people. Though I don't have the guts to go out and play, I atleast don't want to be a mute spectator. The most important duty of the spectator is to cheer around, shout and support his team which would effectively improve the performance of the team. That's why in all major sports, teams carve to play at home, for the effect which spectators can bring in you might be the difference in winning and losing. This is one place which doesn't make me a mute spectator.

To conclude blogging is something which brings better things out of me and I am sorry for you if you are reading this post, my rants will continue. :)

1 comment:

santha said...

Dont forget the fact that few of us are waiting to read your posts.