Monday, August 23, 2010

It's time to act.....

It has been a long afternoon today, an afternoon where I have been trying to distract myself from the fact that I need to leave my sister's place at Boston. Whenever time nears for departure during a visit to someone in my family or a friend, I get a kind of void feeling inside me, a sort of desperation to avoid that moment. So anxious I am that almost every time I tend to get an acidity in my stomach and today is no different. It's surprising that I don't get this feeling when I am away from people. 

Maybe that's the reason that most of my life changing decisions are made during travel away from my loved ones, a time when I become too emotional and start thinking too deeply. And yeah today I am again thinking after a long time. 

People who are accustomed to me, know that I am a social animal. For the past one and half years over here in America I have been missing my family and friends. Though I say to
myself that I am making some money and I need to be here for some more time, I am not sure whether there will be a time when I feel it's enough. My needs are ever increasing, I aspired to have a computer in my second year of college, now even after having a good phone, computer, camera,etc my lists is ever growing. 

I believe it's time that I chart a plan firmly return to India for friends and family are more important than money and gadgets. Hoping that this doesn't turn out to be yet another decision which was never implemented. 

3 comments:

kani said...

miss u da mayil..most of the guys r married da.. so u feel almost the same even if u go to india..
ur casette player, computer, mobile etc.. u r so nice tat u have gifted those to me one every yr..

Sathish Mayil said...

Miss you too buddy. Casette Player, Mobile, computer, senti podatha. Freeya vidu, good old days.


I do agree that most of the guys are married, but we need to move on da Kani. Or else life will be boring, read this quote by Samuel Jackson today morning by chance,

"If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant

Think we all need to follow it for sure or else we feel old quite quickly.

Sathish Mayil said...

Missed an important word in the quote, :P

"If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair."